Image Archive Console
Helping users consume data effortlessly through an enhanced UI design
Background and Challenge
Centricity Enterprise Archive is a medical imaging technology used primarily in healthcare organizations. It is used to store, digitally transmit electronic images and clinically-relevant reports securely.
The challenge was to re-envisage functionality of the centricity enterprise archive application through a fully responsive web app. Engagement being an important KPI, we were tasked to create an enhanced user experience, improved efficiency, and usability.
Scope of work
- Evaluation of the existing design, map pain points, goals, and factors of motivation
- Re-defining the task flow with respect to role-based access
- Card sorting to re-define the information architecture
- Conceptualization and formative user validation
- Responsive design
We worked closely with the business and technology teams to identify their requirements and product vision. Based on user research we provided a strategic design direction.
- Easy navigation: The elegant design solution comes with improvised functionality that allows users to navigate effortlessly.
- Content consumption designed consciously: We validated the designs with users to ensure they match to their requirements. The designs implemented were usable and intuitive.
- The workflow optimization increased the overall productivity and efficiency of users
- The revamped UI resulted in higher customer satisfaction with an enhanced user experience
- Led to an overall reduction in development cost and consistency across product portfolio, as the UI was made using design system components. This in turn resulted in a considerable usage of 3rd party libraries for integrating the UI element during the frontend implementation.